Passionate About Enjoying Life!
Chris Camp purchased BC PowerYaks in 2019. The previous owners, Bob and Cindy, founded the company in 2011 and are now retired. Chris is a Tampa Bay native from Odessa, Ozona, and Dunedin. He was a fishing guide for ten years in Tampa Bay and knows the local waters and fishing well. He and his wife Corie have two daughters, Dyllan and Allyssa.
BC PowerYaks is not only a family owned and operated business, it’s also a passion. We love the water, fishing, and family adventures. The joy of being on the water and helping others with custom rigged kayaks is a big reason why we are delighted to be here!— Chris and Corie Camp
Live each day to the fullest
Chris was diagnosed with stage 3 throat cancer, went through chemotherapy, and is now cancer free! This life-altering event motivated him to leave his long-term job to own and operate the perfect local business. One that combined his love of water, people, fishing, kayaks, and Tampa Bay. He lives each day to the fullest… enjoying the waters in and around the Gulf of Mexico. Helping others by sharing their mutual love of kayaking and the sport of fishing. Owning BC PowerYaks is definitely personal for Chris and his family.
Being on the Water
Kayaking, paddling, and fishing are at the top of the list for all the healthful benefits it brings.
- Kayaking is good for you: Stay active; breathe fresh air; soak in the sunshine; boost your mood
- Fun for all ages: Kayaking is for your entire family
- Networking: You’ll meet your neighbors and make new friends
- Change of pace: Step away from your day-to-day routine to clear your head and relax
- Get in tune with nature: Experience the tranquility of seeing a dolphin, manatee, or sea turtle
- Kayak rowing improves core strength: In other words: nice abs.
BC PowerYaks is 100% committed to your complete and total satisfaction. We offer very competitive prices with our high end kayak products. We promise to offer superior service, selection, and expertise regarding kayaks, electric trolling motors, custom rigging, fishing tackle, kayak accessories, and much more.
We are very proud to be associated with top brands as:
- Exclusive Dealer for EKC
- Authorized Master Dealer for YakAttack
- Authorized Dealer for Continental Trailers
- Partners with Multiple Brands
Experienced & Knowledgeable
We know kayaks, local fishing, and local waterways. We love to talk fishing and kayaks. Come in and ask away!
Local, Licensed, & Insured
People like to do business locally with quality small businesses. We are proud to be a local family owned and operated business.
Why Choose Us?
- Experienced and Knowledgeable
- Licensed and Insured
- Local family-owned and operated business
- Best Inshore Tackle Selection
- Competitive Prices